Pages

Monday 7 April 2014

Start again?


Finally a bit of training being done.

I'm one of those types that needs a purpose to train. I gave myself the goal of cycling down to Lough Cutra to do a lap of the bike (olympic) course and back as a job that needed doing.

Friday 4th April
So with Friday morning off, myself and Mrs. AKW got out for our first joint bike ride in ages. With a couple of obstacles in the way we'd a bit of backtracking to do, so all in all nice comfortable 30k



Bike: 28.8k, HRAvg 135bpm

Saturday 5th April
I've also started a new session of our #Zero25k group from +Amphibian King West - Galway  on Saturday mornings which will run over the next few weeks right up to June 8th. Last year this worked out nicely as I'd run in, do the session and run home before doing the day in the shop. It means 30k or so done nice and early and a great way to cap the week.

Run: 3.8k

Sunday 6th April

I'd messaged some of the guys to see it they were up for it and ended up going out in the wind & rain by myself as others contented themselves on the turbo (looking at you Cinders!! :) ) Job done, Lough Cutra loop and back
 
Bike 70k, HRavg 147bpm, Speed Avg 21.6kph

Plan this week is to get the run km's up (40-50km) and end up running in on Saturday morning as well as clocking 200+ km on the bike between outside & turbo.

Summary
Bike: 99km for the week
Run: 3.8km

No comments:

Post a Comment