Pages

Monday 28 April 2014

I wanted momentum

I said last week I wanted to "keep the momentum going for a while". Well by definition:
The momentum of an object will never change if it is left alone. If the 'm' value and the 'v' value remain the same, the momentum value will be constant.
By increasing mass or velocity you can increase the momentum. I want to decrease the mass (body weight) and conserve the momentum so I have to increase the velocity (quanity of training) proportionally.

So

Tuesday 22nd April
Little light recovery run after helping with putting the kids to bed.

Run: 7.53km, HRAvg 143bpm, PaceAvg 05:41/km

I messed up my morning on Thursday and missed an opportunity to do a session before work. I drove to Limerick & back as I had mixed up where I was working. I'm blaming sleep deprivation :(

Friday 25th April
Out on the bike. Still missing my Polar CS600x head unit so not getting to do any work to power at all. Out on one of my favourite race preparation courses. I hit the main N6 between Oranmore & Loughrea, a rolling route with a few drags and always a bit of wind!

I hit Loughrea and took off out the link road which is a Club TT route that we use. Of course just as I got into rhythm I could hear the phone ringing in my pocket. It was an expected & important call so I got to mid point and called back.

From here I spinned back home with a nice tailwind :D



TT Bike: 75.31km, HRAvg 152bpm, SpeedAvg 28.8km/h

Saturday 26th April
Very similar to last week I had my #Zero25k run group in Oranmore to take out so time for a little 'Runmute'. Was up early so got porridge and coffee into me all set with a fantastic morning for a run.

Lap 1: 50.09 / 9.81km / HRAvg 151bpm
Lap 2 - 10: is the Zero25k sessions
Lap 12: 52.37 / 9.59km / HRAvg 152bpm

Arriving back home in time for work.

Run: 23.82km, HRAvg 148bpm, PaceAvg 05:36/km

Sunday 27th April
Early morning text has me out towards Claregalway to meet up with Paul. Delighted to say I found my bike computer so the Power was back on! Plan was time in the saddle but Gibbo had other plans. As mentioned in Training logs elsewhere, his easy and everyone else's easy are two entirely different things.

It was a great morning, just the right side of chilly with plenty of sunshine and hills.

TT Bike: 92.9km, HRAvg 142bpm, SpeedAvg 26.8km/h, PowerAvg 197

Good week all told. Even squeezed my first swim of the year in during a wetsuit demo. It'll be grand :)

35km run total, 185km bike total for the week.

We have momentum!

No comments:

Post a Comment