Pages

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Well that escalated quickly

Not a training update but a state of affairs update.

I had a notion at the start of the week and I thought the worst had happened on Saturday morning with the bike mini-disaster.

Not so.

On her way to bed my daughter slipped and smacked the back of her head off the sink. We did all that was advised, iced it, no loss of consciousness, watched her, spoke with her and when she fell asleep naturally an hour later we were somewhat relieved but still worried.

Being woken at 3:40am to be told your daughter vomited is one way to do a super transition. I was fully dressed, in the car, engine running and on the way to the hospital before my two eyes were open.

Blood pressure, ok. Blood oxygen 99%, superb. Alertness, good for a little girl at silly o'clock.

Text to wife, to say Dr. ok but keeping her under observation for 24hours.

Little one napped, I sat vigil until we moved to the ward (got to see London Marathon on the TV) in the morning and mum came in to tag me out so I could take over with the little man at home.

Needless to say training was not a priority as a result of that and weekly goals went.

No comments:

Post a Comment