Pages

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Busting A Dam

No excuses, the day didn't go to plan.

But that's what happens to plans. They don't always go. Its your reaction to the situation that decides the outcome.

Sunday didn't go to plan.

There are some simple reasons why. There will be a fair bit of soul searching going on, a reasonable, healthy bit of self doubt, but that's to be expected. I think.

There will be a race report, when I'm not thinking about 'what if?'

For now:
  • I responded brilliantly to the training plan.
  • I finished.
  • I PB'd against my last completed marathon by 29mins.
  • I'm not injured (tired & run down - yes, injured - no)
  • This is only my second marathon.
Yep they're all positives. What about the negatives? I'll save them for the race report but at the end of the day a negative doesn't exist when you consider the positives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment