Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Almost there!

My wife is right. I don't say that often.

I have a default setting in that I can only do something 100% I have to be fully immersed in it, to give it my all. She said this to me when I was talking about tackling +Ironman Triathlon Frankfurt in 2014.

She actually worded it in such a way as to enable me to convince myself that she was right and I was wrong. I wouldn't be able to devote to the right training scheduleon account on work & family especially with the store in Limerick.

She was especially right when she observed that I wouldn't be happy doing an event in which I knew I not fully committed to in training.

She's right.

Now that I'm tapering I'm starting to doubt myself.

Training volume is reduced (obviously) so after weeks of high volume and high intensity training I feel like I'm doing nothing. I've suddenly got available time.

So what do I do?

Fill it with something else. Not for me the idea of relaxing, storing energy, saving the body. No I'm up and about getting to events, preparing banners, hanging them, taking them down. Zipping around the place.

The danger is, that 'little' 9k training run doesn't take precedence. "I can do it in my sleep", same goes for the 40mins easy, "M'eh! too busy!"

So last week I didn't miss any sessions, I made a conscious decision not to bother with them, this is not good. I haven't once done this this year. Things crop up, sessions get missed, that's different. Not like me to get complacent and I really don't like the idea of rot setting in with days to go.

They're all being done this week. Including the little 20min session on Saturday. Probably will be right after being off the plane, but it's getting done

After that, it's feet up and time to trust my training, my legs and my self.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment