Pages

Sunday 28 September 2014

Going for goal - Sub40 10k

In the absence of an Autumn marathon goal - it was to be +TCS Amsterdam Marathon - due to circumstances this year these plans were shelved early and I've been drifting along with no structure or training format.

Things have changed recently which means I can be a little more structured in my approach to work and exercise so I have decided to train towards a sub 40 minute 10k in November.

The +Amphibian King West - Galway Clarinbridge 10k will be a bit ambitious, with just 7 weeks to go, but I need a target. Aiming for Fields of Athenry while suiting most training plans is not imminent enough to motivate me.

Doing proper speedwork is going to be new to me, I've never really tackled it properly in the past. I at least have an advantage of having the course literally on my doorstep so come 7 weeks I will know every single step and stone on that course.

Here we go....Week 1 awaits!!


No comments:

Post a Comment