Pages

Monday 10 March 2014

#thirteen

It's funny how perspective changes things. 

This time last year I would have thought nothing of running out a Thirteen.

With just being back I had notions of a Thirteen (miler) but even getting to a Ten was going to be a reach as a first LSR for a while.
Mid afternoon saw me heading out the door for a nice trot through the woods. I enjoy those loops and always find the mental hurdle of starting the second one a nice little 'High 5' moment. More so now as I run myself back to fitness.

Under no illusions, heading into 2 loops I was thinking: "No, be sensible, 10k is enough" (I am a triathlete after all) 

 But with the weekend that was in it, 13k seemed to be far enough and a nice cut off point that would stretch me but not leave me punished for a few days. 
Oh yes, the next few days are important. They are going to cement the 'Back to Training' attitude.  

 

Gonna see that HR vs Pace graph changing over the next few weeks.

13k seemed like a challenge for me today, another couple of weeks and I'll be through Thirteen and it'll seem like the break never happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment