Pages

Friday 7 March 2014

Every journey starts with a first step...

...and mine starts here!

After an extended layoff from training due to a plethora of excuses of which injury was not one, I finally stepped back on the training wagon after stepping off the scale.

Thanks to a self motivation decision to take part in the Beast of Ballyhoura with an exclusively boards.ie team I need to get my ass in gear and fly the flag for the older competitor.

With that in mind, apart from the #Zero25k running group and the odd occasional, unstructured turbo session I have done little or nothing in the past couple of months.

Well, that my friends, is about to change.

No more messing around with apps and beta testing apps, kicking my heels waiting for the +Polar #V800.
 
No sir. No more excuses or laziness

Time to setup my endurance plan and start the Heart Rate training again to find the base level to work from.

Workout 1 done and to show how much my fitness has slipped, my 'Easy' pace would now be considerably over 6min/km:


A little over 10km in a little over 1 hour with AvgHR of 140bpm.

Its a starting point...


No comments:

Post a Comment