Pages

Saturday 2 November 2013

Back to the start with +Polar

Feels like a confession: Its been a week and a bit since my last run.

Since then I have eaten crisps, chocolate, biscuits and drank beer.

I have had infrequent thoughts about running and even then only in the briefest of moments where I consider a flirtation with running.

Now it is about to change.

I have logged into my +Polar PersonalTrainer.com website and revisited the pages of my Endurance Program.

The first step is to define my anticipated activity level, duration of activity and anticipated level of exertion. After that the program determines a level of training (13/20) and maps out sessions for the next 6 weeks.





After 6 weeks the program will evaluate my history and decide whether I am fit enough to move up a level. There is a possibility of staying at level 13 or even dropping a level if targets are missed.

So x16 sessions, 17hours (& 25 mins), 10,500kcal and 132km is the goal for the next 6 weeks.

All of this training is done to Heart Rate. No longer am I pace focussed as I have been for the past 6 months with the marathon training. This is all about base fitness, cardio vascular development and running for health.

Don't get me wrong, there is still plenty of speed work involved, each week has a Tempo session and an interval session, but again governed by HR. Over the course of 6-12 weeks I should see an improvement in speed / pace at a particular HR.


No comments:

Post a Comment